Discover Proven Strategies for Creating Optimal Learning Conditions
What if you could create a learning environment that truly resonated with your students?
A place where they felt seen, heard, and eager to learn? You might think it's impossible, but I'm here to tell you that it's not. The key is to discover and embrace the time-honoured concepts from Te Ao Māori – the Māori world.
Imagine being able to tap into the wisdom of centuries-old practices and principles that are grounded in respect, community, and a deep understanding of how people learn.
This is what my e-book, "12 Concepts from Te Ao Māori You Should Embrace to Create Learning Success," is all about.
In these pages, you'll discover practical strategies and insights that can help you build a learner-centred approach and foster a sense of belonging among your students.
You'll learn how to create optimal learning conditions by incorporating concepts like whanaungatanga (building relationships), ako (reciprocal learning), and manaakitanga (caring for others).
If you're ready to transform your teaching and create a classroom or training environment where your learners thrive, then this e-book is for you.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to unlock the power of Te Ao Māori and take your teaching to the next level.
Who is this book for?
Are you a vocational teacher or educator looking to upskill your teaching practices?
Do you want to create a learning environment where your students feel empowered, supported, and engaged?
If so, then my e-book, "12 Concepts from Te Ao Māori You Should Embrace to Create Learning Success," is for you.
Based on my experience upskilling hundreds of teachers, trainers, educators, and managers over the past fifteen years, this e-book is designed to help you:
- Implement a learner-centred approach to teaching or training
- Expand your thinking to encompass a more holistic view of education
- Learn essential Māori words that are relevant to both education and everyday life
- Apply concepts from Te Ao Māori – the Māori world – to your teaching practices
Whether you're a Māori or non-Māori educator, my e-book offers valuable insights and practical strategies for transforming your teaching and creating a learning environment that supports the success of all students.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to learn from my years of experience and expertise – get your copy of "12 Concepts from Te Ao Māori You Should Embrace to Create Learning Success" today.
What if I Don't Work with Māori Learners?
Don't worry if you don't work with Māori learners - the concepts in this book are universally applicable.
While they're rooted in a Māori worldview, they're also considered good practice in adult education and training across cultures. Even if the kupu Māori (Māori words) are new to you, the ideas behind them will be familiar.
In fact, these approaches and concepts will work for you and your learners, regardless of your own or your learners' ethnic background, or where you are in the world.
They're particularly relevant if you're a teacher or trainer based in Aotearoa New Zealand who works with Māori learners.
But the concepts also have parallels in the different Pacific languages, cultures, and worldviews, so they're equally relevant if you work with Pacific learners.
And it doesn't stop there. Traditional cultures around the world have similar approaches, concepts, and methods, and I've talked to and worked with people from First Nations cultures, Vietnam, Indonesia, and indigenous Taiwanese who've confirmed this.
Are you ready to transform your teaching?
Discover the 12 concepts you need to embrace to become more learner-centered and holistic in your own approach
- Tuakana-teina: Understand how this concept works in both traditional and modern educational settings.
- Ako: This one concept has the potential to transform how you think about teaching and learning.
- Whakapapa: Connect people to knowledge about the world through stories.
- Whanaungatanga: Learn about the "glue" that your class needs to stick together.
- Mana atua: Embrace the power of spiritual well-being in your classroom.
- Mana ao tūroa: Make the natural, social, physical, and material worlds part of your students' learning context.
- Mana whenua: Create a learning environment where people literally and metaphorically "have a place to stand".
- Mana tangata: Build on individual strengths, increase learners' self-confidence and self-esteem, and allow your learners to make a contribution.
- Mana reo: Harness the power of language to build literacy and communication skills.
- Tino rangatiratanga: Get some clarity on this deeply political term and see how it applies to your learners in your training environment.
- Kōrero, titiro, and whakarongo: Cater to different learning styles by speaking, observing, and listening.
- Kaitiakitanga: Reflect on how principles of caregiving and guardianship apply to you in your unique context.
Do you feel intimidated or confused by the use of te reo Māori terminology in your classroom or workplace?
If you are Pākehā - a New Zealander of European descent - it's common to feel this way when encountering unfamiliar words.
With the increased use of te reo Māori in the news media and workplaces, it's easy to feel frustrated or confused when there isn't a shared understanding of what these words mean.
But don't worry, this book can help you with that too. It provides clear explanations of important Māori concepts and words that are relevant to both Māori and non-Māori learners and educators alike.
How the heck do I make sense of all this...?
- Have you ever felt overwhelmed or confused by the new concepts and perspectives that you are trying to learn?
- Do you struggle to understand how to apply these concepts in your work as an educator or someone supporting learning?
- Have you found yourself frustrated by the lack of consistent answers or guidance when it comes to these topics?
If so, you are not alone. I experienced similar struggles when first delving into learner-centred education and the Māori worldview perspective.
However, through experience I have developed a system for understanding and applying these concepts effectively.
In this book, you will discover:
- A clear and comprehensive framework for understanding the Māori worldview and its applications in education
- Practical tips and strategies for implementing learner-centred approaches in your work as an educator
- Real-life examples and case studies to help you see these concepts in action
- Guidance on navigating the use of te reo Māori terminology in your workplace and beyond
With this book, you no longer have to feel lost or confused when it comes to these important topics.
You will have all the tools and knowledge you need to make a positive impact on your learners and create a more inclusive and effective learning environment.
There's an easy way to understand the different layers of Māori knowledge
Before we even get into exploring the concepts and approaches I outline an easy visual way to make sense of the different layers of Mātauranga Māori - or Māori Knowledge.
Once you understand how these layers work, you’ll see how it’s possible to retain a system that makes sense in the face of what I used to feel were conflicting understandings of words and terminology.
I'm not an expert and you don't have to be either
I am very much still on my own learning journey when it comes to understanding these approaches and concepts.
I'm not Māori and I'm not claiming to be an expert. But I have spent a long time thinking about how to:
- Understand this content from my own perspective as a Pākeha - an indigenous New Zealander of European descent.
- How to teach this content to other people who are just like me.
These concepts and ways of thinking have transformed how I think about learning, teaching, relationships and business in a multitude of ways.
You don't have to become an expert either, but the content here will do the same for you if you embrace and apply it.
Are you tired of feeling frustrated and confused when it comes to learner-centred teaching?
- Click I want this to start your journey towards clarity and confidence
Don't wait any longer to transform your teaching approach! Join the hundreds of educators who have already transformed their teaching approach with this book.
- Click I want this to unlock the secrets of learner-centred teaching and transform your classroom into a thriving learning environment
"I wanted to say thank you for allowing me to see more clearly the 12 concepts from Te Ao Maori I need to embrace as an Adult Literacy and Numeracy tutor.
I purchased it yesterday online and it instantly helped me with concepts in the NZCALNE certificate I am currently working on.
Nearly 30 years ago I trained as a teacher and came back to EBOP to teach. Then I stopped after 7 years. I knew some of these concepts but not all of them.
I am also the mother of a part Maori son (I am Pākehā) who very much identifies as 'Maori' and I think somehow I understand him a little better now too.
UPDATED - BONUS CONTENT INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
Are you an educator in the vocational and trades training industry looking to reinvigorate your approach to teaching and training?
Look no further than "30 Powerful Ideas to Supercharge Your Vocational and Trades Training".
This ebook provides practical and effective strategies to breathe new life into your education program.
From embedding literacy and numeracy to incorporating cultural capability, these strategies are designed to help you create a more dynamic and effective learning experience for your students.
Even if you can only implement a few of these ideas, you'll see an immediate and positive impact on your teaching approach.
So, don't wait any longer, get your copy today and start transforming your vocational and trades training courses!
Don't let your vocational and trades training approach become stagnant
Take action and revitalize your teaching with the powerful ideas and strategies in this free bonus ebook.
Whether you're an educator from industry or a vocational education tutor, you'll find valuable insights and practical tips to improve your students' learning outcomes.
With 30 ideas to supercharge your vocational and trades training, you'll have plenty of options to choose from.
- Click I want this get your copy of both of these ebooks now and start breathing new life into your education programme!
You'll get these two eBooks written in plain English by Professional Learning and Development Consultant Graeme Smith. Discover what learner-centred teaching means and how you can use concepts from Te Ao Māori to create the conditions for learner success. And now you can Supercharge Supercharge your vocational education programme with 30 amazing ideas covering embedding literacy and numeracy, ESOL, cultural capability and more.